Do you ever tell your kids lies???
A new study by the University of California San Diego reveals that parents tell their children white lies to get them to change their behavior.
- parents threatening to leave children alone in public unless they behave
- parents telling children they would go blind unless they ate particular vegetables
- parents pretending to a child that they were going to walk away and leave the child to his or her tantrum.
- a "false promise to buy a requested toy at some indefinite time in the future"
- ''If you don't behave, I will call the police"
- "If you don't quiet down and start behaving, the lady over there will be angry with you''
- "If you don't follow me, a kidnapper will come to kidnap you while I'm gone."
- ''I did not bring money with me today. We can come back another day."
- 'Broccoli makes you taller'